Women, Infants and Children
You are eligible for the WIC nutritional program if you:
- Live in Washington state, and
- Are pregnant, a new mother, or a child under five years of age, and
- Meet the income guidelines, and
- Have a medical or nutrition need.
What's offered at WIC clinics?
- Health screening
- Nutrition and health education
- Breast feeding promotion and support
- Help getting other services
- Checks for nutritious foods
Most local grocery stores accept WIC checks.
WIC checks are valued at approximately $100 for a family of two per month and are exchanged for nutritious foods.
Foods that are high in protein, calcium, iron, or vitamins A & C such as:
- Baby food
- Peanut butter
- 100% fruit juice with vitamin C
- Dried peas and beans
- Cereals fortified with iron
- Fresh fruit and vegetables
- Infant cereal
- Iron fortified baby formula (for babies who are not breastfed)
- Tuna and carrots for women fully breastfeeding with babies
- Whole grains
Please call 509-886-6400 to enroll now