Access to Baby and Child Dentistry
Oral health requires an early start.
Access to Baby and Child Dentistry (ABCD) focuses on preventive and restorative dental care for Apple Health (Medicaid-eligible) children from birth up to age six, with an emphasis on enrollment by age one. ABCD focuses on connecting families with dentists who know how to care for young kids and educates parents about how to take good care of their children’s teeth. ABCD ensures that our youngest and most vulnerable children have access to dental care that promotes good lifelong oral health habits and helps them avoid cavities, pain and high-cost dental interventions later in life.
- Do you have any children 5 years old or younger?
- Are they enrolled in Apple Health (Medicaid) or do they have a ProviderOne service card (in the past, “medical coupons”)?
- Does the child live in Washington State?
If you answered yes to all of the above questions then your child is eligible for the program and ABCD staff will make every effort to find the right dentist for you.
- A fluoride varnish application every four months
- 2 yearly dental exams
- 2 yearly parent education sessions
- Restorative care as needed
How ABCD can help
- Help with finding a dentist
- Arrange transportation to and from the dental office
- Work with the dental office to assure you have interpreter services if needed
- Give your children a great start in life by making sure baby their teeth are healthy
- Prevent tooth pain later on in life