1 in 9 Washington residents have diabetes.
1 in 3 Washington State adults have prediabetes.
As you interact with patients, you are in a key position to help prevent and/or manage diabetes. Below are resources to assist in your prediabetes and diabetes patient care.
North Central Washington Diabetes Coalition
The North Central Washington Diabetes Coalition (NCWDC) supports residents and healthcare professionals in Chelan, Douglas, Grant, and Okanogan counties. The Coalition focuses on diabetes prevention and early detection, clinical care of residents with prediabetes and diabetes, and diabetes self-management through awareness, education, and skill-building.
Meetings are held monthly. For more information, visit the NCWDC webpage.
Tools & Tool Kits
- ADA Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support for Adults with Type 2 Diabetes Algorithm of Care
- Washington State Department of Health Algorithm for Prediabetes and Asymptomatic Type 2 Diabetes
- Washington State Diabetes Connection Clinical Best Practices: A list of additional tools and resources for health professionals.
- Prevent Diabetes STAT Toolkit: A toolkit to assist in engaging clinicians and patients as well as incorporating screening, testing, and referrals to diabetes prevention programs.
- ADA Diabetes Paper Risk Test: A seven question quiz assessing one’s risk for prediabetes.
- ADA Patient Education Library: A listing of all the ADA’s prediabetes and diabetes educational resources.
- Washington State Diabetes Connection Patient Education Resources:A list of additional educational resources for patients.
- Local Diabetes Resources
- Diabetes prevention and diabetes self-management education classes, programs, and workshops in Chelan and Douglas counties.
CDC Diabetes Home: Basics about Diabetes
CDC Diabetes Home: Prediabetes
Washington State Department of Health: Diabetes